The Young Researcher welcomes submissions of original research from a wide range of academic disciplines within the social sciences, humanities, and sciences.
- No more than 5,000 words, excluding references and appendices (in English)
- Articles should have the following sections:
Method, Process, or Approach
Findings or Results
Discussion, Analysis, and/or Evaluation
Conclusion and Future Directions
- Papers should be formatted in discipline-appropriate methods (MLA, APA, and Chicago are acceptable).
- Papers should have an abstract (no more than 150 words) and have 4-6 keywords
- All units of measurement should be in metric wherever possible
- All studies involving human participants must have been approved by a Research Ethics Board
- Ambitious replication studies are welcome, but reviews of existing findings are better submitted to other journals
- Errors in formatting and writing style could jeopardize successful publication. Please ensure the highest quality of writing possible, and revise out any errors in citation or references.
Before You Submit: To preserve the integrity of the process, please remove all names and identifying information from the file.
Also, please read our style guide to ensure your manuscript has the best chance of sucess.
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2024 (midnight, EST)
(Our next reading period will open in January.)